It’s my great pleasure to share my ideas on gender parity in film and beyond with the great speakers and the LA viewers: We Can Do It: Achieving Gender Equality in Film and Beyond- Co-presented by the European Union, in collaboration with the Pacific Council on International Policy. As society continues to react and respond to movements such as #MeToo and #TimesUp, we look forward to a timely discussion on EU and US public policies for gender equality. Ahead of the Los Angeles premieres of topical films “Heaven’s Meadow,” and MILADA filmmakers, policy experts and Consul Generals from the EU in Los Angeles will convene to share their insights on the inclusion of women in entertainment and our global culture. This panel will tackle both European and American approaches to women’s rights and gender equality, providing multifaceted political, legal and artistic perspectives.
• Evgenia Beniatoglou, Consul General of Greece in Los Angeles
• Chiara Tilesi, Producer, Founder of “We Do It Together”
• Magdalena Chmielewska, director of“Heaven’s Meadow”
• David Mrnka, director of MILADA
• Dr. Caroline Heldman, Research Director of the Geena Davis Institute for Gender and Media